Saturday, June 30, 2007

One more post today!

This post is for Becky's challenge, she's the guest blogger for Nancy Comelab this week. Nancy is the creator of the awesome frames that I use all the time. Here is what Becky said to do..."Instead of a LO, let’s go out on a limb a bit and look through our pictures and find, you know…the ones that we just took because we wanted to try and capture on film some special little moment to remind us…and if you can, here’s the catch: Try to find one without any people in it…or at least for the subject." Well, I just couldn't choose one, so I am showing a few! I took these photos a few years ago at Spring Mill State Park near my hometown. Spring Mill holds alot of childhood memories for me and some fun ones as an adult too. Whenever I visit there even the smell of it reminds me of that time. I love going there and I always take my camera to the old fashioned garden in the Pioneer Village. My grandfather used to work at the Old Grist Mill, he retired from there many years ago. When my daughter was a small girl we used to stop by and visit him. He would give her a quarter to buy a treat from the concession stand. (well, it sounds like I need to make a layout of these and some other images I have from Spring Mill!) So, this is my non-person presentation using Nancy's newest and awesome Ultimate Frames Collection! For the images of the Grist Mill I used Nancy's mask with the blend mode set to overlay. The small flowers are by Correen Silke. I picked those up at SBB the other day using my happy birthday coupon from DST. The jewels and ribbon were a blog gift from Becky, thanks so much! (If you scroll down you will see a layout using Nancy's fab frames and a gorgeous kit by Betty Jo!)




Blessings and hugs,

Cheryl

2 comments:

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

Ohhh what fun I had looking thru this wonderful lil bloggie!
I just LOVE the way you decorate up your frames! And you're totally right! It's like, a picture is just not finished unless you put it with one of Nancy's frames! no promo...just, reality talkin' here.
Have to say, how wonderful your stories about the mill are...sweet to the soul.

Betty Jo said...

I would love to visit this park. Your photos are awesome and look wonderful with the frames. Yes, you need to scrap these memories for sure. xoxo