Sunday, June 24, 2007

Here is Christopher!

Can you believe it, I finally finished a layout! woohoo! It took me a whole week to figure out what to do with it. I mostly scrap the little kids and I can embellish with flowers and other pretty things even if they are boys. But this time I was scrapping my first born grandson. I couldn't do flowery things for a 12 going on 13 year old young man! I wasn't so sure about glitter either and I wanted this one to have just a little bit of a grown up feel to it, but still fun. So finally I went with the doodled frame, stars, and a touch of cardboard to go with the cream background paper and the stripes. So much for the grown up style layout, LOL! I really like how this came out though and I think he will too. I feel bad that I don't have alot of layouts of Chris, I would love to have a new scanner so that I can scrap my film pictures of him. The very first digi-layout I ever created was one of Chris, it's been over two years ago. I have been tempted to rescrap that photo, but I think I really should leave it alone. I had the best time doing that layout, it would be a shame to change it. Chris isn't around too much when I get my camera out, so I was very happy to get this shot of him last weekend. credits here

I hope everyone had a nice weekend...but look out, here comes Monday!



Blessings and hugs,



Cheryl

3 comments:

Jen U said...

Love that LO, he is so handsome! :) I think you did a beautiful job on it, it's wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your LO of Chris here. What a gift you have for children's photography, let alone the connection you have with your grandchildren! What wonderful love & encouragement you are giving to them. And congrats on capturing Chris when you could this time! Love the words you have on his two LO's. Live, Love, Laugh. Speaking of which, I am still LOL, since your hilarious comments re my post yesterday! You are a riot!! I felt like you were jumping in on the laughs right there with us. LOL. Hey ~ there might be some big chipmunks, ya never know, & I will be ready! LOL. ;-)

Betty Jo said...

Your layout is gorgeous; as always! I'm sure Chris likes it, he is such a handsome young man. So you've never heard of fighting off wild animals with your tripod? I read some years ago of a photographer who fought off a bear with his Bogen. That's why I bought one! (Just kidding.) Now I'm sure you'll feel safer when you're out with your camera after learning this. :) You should have seen, or heard, Carolyn's first hike in the Blue Ridge Mountains, having moved there from Chicago. We told her she had to make lots of noise to keep the bears away. She showed up with marbles/rocks in a can, or something like that. Everyone needed ear-plugs for that trip! LOL (Oops! If she sees this comment, I'm in serious trouble!)