Wednesday, July 04, 2007

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!

I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a fun filled day! I am on my way out the door to visit my son and his boys. I think he is going to burn some stuff on the grill later on, LOL!

In the midst of all your festivities let's not forget to say a prayer for all of our soldiers who are overseas. They are spending their holiday in countries where there are fewer reasons to celebrate, especially the freedoms that we sometimes take for granted in our lives here in the USA. So send up a little prayer of thanks for all of them, and ask God to keep them safe and bring them home soon.

Now before I go, here is a little eye candy for you! I took this photo of my sweet Meikina one year ago. I forgot I had this in my stash of unseen images, but decided that it's time to scrap it. I think the quote is very fitting because her life would have been so different if she had remained in the orphanage in China. God is so good! Here she is, in all her American Girl beauty!


Full credits here


Have a wonderful and safe day! Love you all!

Blessings and Hugs,

Cheryl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a blast at your son's yesterday. Ohhhh, your words about Meikina and her darlin' photo and LO tugged at my heart strings. What a wonderful miracle that she is here and in your family now! Thanks so much for your photography and photoshop encouragment. Am sure looking forward to my use of it becoming second nature, as you said! ;-) One step at a time. Hugs to you, too! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture! Hope you had a good 4th!
God bless :)

Jen U said...

Happy belated 4th to you too! That LO is gorgeous!!!!! Wow, thanks so much for sharing! :)