Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. Psalm 103:13, NLT

It's Father's Day. I have been blessed with TWO men in my life that I can call Dad. One has gone on to be with the Lord. It's already been 7 years since he died, how the time flies! It doesn't seem so long really. And even though I know I will see him again, I miss him still. The other has been married to my mother for nearly 30 years. He is very dear to me and I love him so much! He is so much a part of my family and a wonderful husband to my mom. That by itself makes him very special! Then there is my son-in-law who has helped provide me with gorgeous grandchildren! And my oldest son who has his two boys, Joshua and Justin. Lots to be thankful for, that is certain! So this post is dedicated to all those wonderful fathers in my life! I love you guys!

Blessings and hugs,

Cheryl

3 comments:

Jen U said...

Guess I'm a little late on this one LOL sorry. Wonderful post and happy belated father's day too! :)

Anonymous said...

What a joy to "meet" you, Cheryl. It was wonderful to see your warm welcome to blogland today! Oh, so you love that header too... great! I SO agree with you ~ Betty Jo is the best! A real gem in every way.
I agree too ~ we are very blessed to be living in such a beautiful part of the country!

Am sure enjoying your blog. Have been reading down the list of posts, & want to comment on them all! I feel like Rip Van Winkle (that's "Winklette", LOL) ~ just waking up, with so much catching up to do. It's a great challenge to have, which, I imagine, you understand, being a somewhat new blogger yourself.

You have sure enjoyed & blessed the men in your life, as you so touchingly described here. I love to hear genuine appreciations of the wonderful men who are in this world, or have passed on. They deserve it!

I love the fact that you are posting as it is working out for you in the midst of your verrrrry full life! I can see clearly in this, my third day since my only post, LOL, that the whole process of living our lives fully, interacting with & making other friends in the bloggong world, & keeping our creative wells full, so that they overflow into our blogs, is a growing experience.

I LOVE your photography. Esp. your precious lil grandchildren. You are gifted in children's photography, for sure! OMGosh. I have been seeing your LO's for quite a while, I believe, as they have been passed along. Love 'em.

OK ~ this is becoming a post in itself, LOL. I will do my best re those gorgeous photos, but do remember that I am carrying my lil Coolpix around most places I go! And, I am happy to be added to your list. Awesome!

Have a great day! :-)

Betty Jo said...

Hi Sweetie, This is such an awesome post about the precious men in your life. Your new blog banner is totally wonderful. I love, love, love it. You don't need my help in the least. I like the white background better too. Would you believe I have a banner for my blog made with frayed material, just a different color. I used "drawn" graphics on it though and don't care for it. Now that I see yours real photos would look much nicer. May try it again one of these days. xoxo