Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Shutterfly!

Hi there! It's me again! Well, I sort of had a new post on here the other day wishing my Dad a happy birthday. I tried to edit and add a different photo later on and everything just got messed up so I deleted it. I really did update before now, LOL. Oh well! Betty Jo said it's ok to post whenever I feel like it, so there!

I have been pretty busy scrapping these past few days! I got a coupon for a free photo book from Shutterfly, woohoo! So I decided to try and make it really special and create a book about Meikina. Well, I really challenged myself when I set this goal as there are several layouts/pictures I still need to add. I re-scrapped one of her referral pictures. I didn't intend to change so much as I liked the kit I used but it evolved into almost a new layout. I should have known better! Then I threw together another one called Referral Day. Wow the memories that brought back, an emotional rollercoaster! I am needing to add more journaling to my layouts to bring Meikina's story together so I'm starting to wonder if I will be able to finish before the August 1 deadline on the coupon. Last night I worked on a 2 page spread of some really bad photos I tried to take at the airport the day my daughter and her husband flew home with my granddaughter. Even with the bad photos I am loving how that one is turning out. The coupon from Shutterfly expires on August 1st, I wonder why they give you such a short time to use it? Well, if nothing else it has booted me into gear and maybe I'll actually get layouts caught up to date for her at least. Then there are the 5 grandboys.....

Oh my, I really need to be getting ready for work! Here are the two layouts for you to see. I haven't uploaded to any galleries yet so the credits will be added possibly this evening.




Have a wonderful day!


Blessings and hugs,
Cheryl

1 comment:

Betty Jo said...

Oh My! This book is going to be wonderful!! Congrats on getting a free one. That's awesome. I hope to do a book someday of my granddaughters, but don't know when I'll ever get the time. My lens arrived and I'm in love!! OMGosh! It is incredible. (I wonder how I would react if I could ever afford a "really" good lens!)I tried it out by the river yesterday and can't believe how much better it is than my old one. I gave the old one to Chris who borrowed it often anyways. Hope I can afford to buy him one like my new one someday. We are heading out again late this afternoon to see if we can find some dear. It has a mode on the IS for capturing moving objects that I'm itching to try. Should work well for my granddaughters too! xoxo