Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bumpus Floribundus - LOL!

My sister is a wizard with words. She told me a week or so ago that someday she would finish a book. She has started several but never finished any of them, so the next one she writes she plans to finish it before she starts it. HA! Silly Sister! She has the most fun sense of humor and is one reason I don't get nearly enough sleep. We chat online several times a week and have such a blast! She lives in California and I am in Kentucky, a 3 hour time difference, so by the time she is done with dinner and other family stuff I should be getting ready for bed. anyway, about the Bumpus Floribundus...

My CT scan shows my thyroid is huge. It's wrapped around my windpipe, squeezing it from the sides. I feel like there is a fist in my throat, sleep is something I used to do. I feel like I'm being choked all the time. Skeery! My thyroid has grown several cysts and nodules, the doctor calls it a goiter. What an unattractive word! My sister promptly renames it to Bumpus Floribundus. We have had lots of laughs over this! It's good to laugh about it, because that is the only thing funny about it. I have to have my thyroid completely removed. Not a big deal I suppose but I don't do well when it comes time to actually go and have the surgery. The day after I had the CT scan, I passed out at work. More fun. They called an ambulance, required for liability purposes. So, I get all the standard tests etc. including an EKG. All is normal. The doctor was relieved that I didn't have a cardiac EVENT. Event? That sounds like a partay to me! Some party, and the fun is just beginning, hahahaaaa! I've had more IV's and needles stuck in my arms the past few days than I've had in years. PARTAY ON!!

I've been buried in Photoshop most every evening. I have scrapped probably 15 new pages, re-worked a few others and I'm still not going to make the deadline for that Shutterfly coupon. It expires tonight so I'll just have to continue on and order it at full price when I am done. The book is going to be awesome tho, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I wish I had the time to post some layouts but it's time for me to go to work.

I actually feel pretty good today other than a rash covering most of my body. now what? I have no idea, but don't even think I'm seeing a doctor for this one....another event...LOL!

Blessings and hugs,

Cheryl

2 comments:

Betty Jo said...

Oh No Cheryl! I'm so sorry you are going through all of this Hon. I wish I could do something to help. Do you have the surgery scheduled yet? If so, when? I definitely can pray for you, everyday, from now 'til then and afterwards too. Sorry you didn't manage the Shutterfly deadline. I almost offered to help with layouts but I'm sure you wanted to do this yourself. I just know your book is going to be incredible. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cheryl, when I had read your mention of some tests, in your post before, I had been wondering what it was about. OMGosh. I was riveted this morning to your words relating every "event", recently. ("event"? Some medical people could use a "dose" of being a patient for once! ;-). From sleep being a thing of the past, to your passing out at work. You are sure being a trooper in this time of the onslaughts of new diagnois, medical plans, and physical discomfort. It can be an overwhelming world to enter, and "skeery"! Am so glad that you have a sister to go through this with you, even if she is in CA. And her renaming that ole lump, will sure help! It will soon be Bumpus Floribundus, Not!

At the risk of sounding like those multitudes that come out of the woodwork at times like this, with well-intended stories that fall flat, because this is YOUR life, not someone else's story. . . . I will say that decades ago, a woman I worked with developed something similar. She had her thyroid removed, and she came through fine, and our fears and concerns were melted away by her healthy presence, and return to work. I trust that you will be coming through this smoothly, too. Count me among those who have you on their hearts and minds, are praying for you, and eagerly awating, and interested in any of your daily happenings, feelings, or news!

Big hugs, Cheryl!