Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm ROCKIN'!

As far back as I can remember, ROCKIN' has never been used to describe me. LOL! I will borrow one of my Sister's words and just tell you...I am BO-RANG! gotta love my little word wizard of a Sister! I approach this bloggin' thing hesitantly, and still nearly hit the delete post button after I tell it to publish post! But somehow I have managed to write a little something here and there, and normally I post a photograph or layout to ease the pain of reading my ramblings. To my delight there are a few people who stop by on a regular basis to see lil ol' me! One is my dear friend Betty Jo at Digiscribbles. I met her a few years ago when we were both members of a yahoo group called The Scrappin' Grannies. She was just getting started designing digital scrapbook supplies and asked me to be on her creative team. Since I was really new at digiscrappin' I was just tickled pink and that was where our friendship started. She has been there for me when I was needing prayer during some really dark times in my life, and she cheered for me during the exciting ones, especially when my family was waiting for news of Meikina during our adoption journey. And she is ever faithful to leave me words of love and encouragement, and offers of prayer. Betty Jo is one fantastic and loving friend! Bless her heart, she even awarded me the Rockin' Girl Blogger Award!!
Now that is a friend! I am to pass this on to my blogger friends, but all the people I know in my small bloggin' world have the award, so now my goal is to get out there and expand my circle of friends in the bloggin community. Then I will pass on the award, and will be blessed even more! Thank you dear Betty Jo!

New news is that I have postponed my surgery. I asked the doctor for alternative treatment options. There aren't many, and ultimately I will have to have it done. In the meantime he put me on Synthroid to hopefully suppress my thyroid from growing anymore, and in several months it might shrink it. At any rate, the final diagnosis from one last blood test that he didn't have the results from yet at my last visit is that I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. That's a mouthfull. Makes my throat hurt. My surgeon chuckled at me yesterday when I told him I didn't want him cutting open my throat if I could get out of it. He reminded me that he wouldn't be operating on my throat but my neck. So I grinned at him and said it didn't matter what it was, the idea of being cut open anywhere was enough for me. Anyway, I always get off track! It explains alot of what has been going on for so many years. I feel angry that if I'd had any kind of health insurance I might have gotten this diagnosis way before it progressed to this stage and treatment would be so much easier. But for now, my anxiety over the upcoming surgery is easing away, and life goes on. Thank the Lord that I am not too uncomfortable most days and I pray that it will get better and my energy level will also go up.

Of course I can't leave you without some eye-candy ...
Here is my princess posing for a photo I plan to use on a layout in the next day or two. Isn't she just a doll baby!


Better run, it's a work day like every day! Love you guys!

Blessings and hugs,

Cheryl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I give up! How in THE world are you doing all that you do!! You go, girl! Hey, Rockin' buddy, congratulations on your most awesome award!! You so deserve it, as you are an amazingly wonderful writer, and don't get me started on your photograpy ;-), and you have a rockin' great heart and blog! Oh, and that is so wonderful , that you and Betty Jo have such a deep cyber friendship. Awesome!

LOL, now I have this sister, word wizard theory . . . could it be that you just can't get a word in edgewise? Just a fun theory. Cuz whatever BO-RANG is, you "ain't" it! IMHO. ;-)

LOVE this photo of Meikina!! She is beautiful! And am so glad that you have a break from the surgery thing, and can take some time to live, pray, and see what happens. Cool. Love ya lots. Hugs! :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award!
I hope you're having a great Friday!
God bless :)

kristin said...

Hi - Some time ago I did a google search on Meikina and found your blog. I have a Meikiina, who is 6. In some of your pictures, your Meikina reminds me a lot of my 6 year old Meikiina. Being the mom of 2 from China I am probably a little biased, but your Meikina sure is precious.

kristin said...

I put a couple of pictures of my girls on my blog site. You should look at Meikiina's picture that I added to my first blog at the bottom. I think your Meikina in the picture from this post looks incredibly lots like my picture.