Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year 2012


After 2½ years I am back. I won't even try to write what stopped me in my tracks back in May of 2009. I was almost halfway finished with Project 365 and then things in my life changed and my heart was broken. It has taken a very long time to get back to a place in my life where joy is bigger than my grief.  Life does this to many of us at some time and I thank the Lord for hanging on to me when I would have let go.

It is a new year and I am excited to have a photo project underway once again! I would love to do the Project 365 Photo-A-Day but I'm pretty sure that won't work out for me. Instead I will attempt to do a Project 52. One photo per week that I am happy with. It may be of some every day item kind of like I was doing a few years ago. Grandkids, nature, family. Or whatever. I would like it to have some faith based inspiration to it but I think I will just see how this goes, and since it is my project I can make up the rules along the way, right? LOL!

Today. January 1, 2012. I started out the new year by going to church with Aaron and Lynnsey. Then home. I haven't been attending church on a regular basis for a long time and even though I have stayed close to God it is still different than when there is a church family to spend time with and worship with.  I want to earnestly seek an even closer relationship with the Lord, and I believe that will also bring me closer to those that I love so dearly.  I know that I need something more than this halfhearted existence that has become my life.  New year, new beginning.  Here is the photo I took today, and made a little scrapbook page with it. I posted this image on Facebook earlier today as a New Year Greeting. Here's to 2012.  He makes all things new. :)
(you can click on the image for a larger view)


















Hugs and prayers,
Cheryl

No comments: