Monday, September 10, 2007

I really am still alive, LOL!

I just haven't been blogging, had no energy, didn't care. Bad huh? I couldn't scrap, didn't want to edit photos. nothing. ugh. Ok, I had to do something about this, so the other day I downloaded Betty Jo's super cute frames and started a layout. Got stuck. The layout is almost done but what a struggle! So, I prowled around and found a challenge I thought I might be able to manage. I definitely needed something to get me past this inability to do anything creative. The one I decided to try was the weekly Digi-Dare. They have been doing this every week for a year and I have never participated in that one. Not that I do many challenges but sometimes they can be fun. Here is what I had to do: scrap in a style that is not my usual. And use some digi supplies from a designer that I haven't tried before. Easy enough, right?? When I browse the galleries many of the layouts that capture my attention are the ones with lots of "white space". A small photo with lots of nothing around it but background paper. I like those for some reason but they aren't me. I have a hard time leaving all that empty space when I can fill it with something pretty like a picture or some flowers, or even some journaling. I gave that a try and here ya go! My entry for the Digi-dare week # 52...which by the way was in the Gallery Standouts thread at DST yesterday. Now that is a first for me!



Full credits here.

I am pretty well satisfied with this LO, but will most likely add some journaling along the left hand side before printing. Isn't my little granddaughter adorable?!

I need to get some new up to date pics of my grandkids to scrap. I am using lots from the months that I lived with my daughter and her 4 little people. It was just too easy to get snapshots on a regular basis. Now I don't see them as often so I have to make an effort to go pick them up or just show up with my camera with the intention of taking pics. We don't get together as a family anymore because a few months ago my daughter got a job working evenings and every weekend. The opposite of my hours. hate that and I miss her lots.

Ok, I'm going to close for now so I can work on wedding pictures and try to get that other layout finished. I hope that my dry spell is over for awhile. At least I am in the mood to scrap again!

Love you guys lots!

Blessings and hugs,
Cheryl

3 comments:

janna said...

Darling LO~ And I totally understand how you are feeling. I am in the same boat.

Cheryl Wray said...

Your layout is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your LO, Cheryl. Meikina is so darlin' every time I see her. And love the simplicity and colors in this LO. . . and your perpective on the simple things in life. You have a real gift for photography, and for creating LO's. A real gift! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Ohhhhh, and I so relate to your opening words. Am just coming out of a similar time. Amazing that you challenged yourself to do something during that time, and even something out of the box for you. I sure know what it's like to feel like you are wearing led boots, while showing up, too!

Thanks for your kind send-off,and sweet comments, pre-trip. Much appreciated! Big, big, hugs. :-)